Traveler Helpdesk - Surname error from booking agency

4 of 7 Traveler Helpdesk reviews

A vacation was booked through your agency for six people, where each name was provided using each ones passport surnames, five under "Ramirez" and one under "Chavarria".Our confirmation email stated these correct surnames, however once at the airport while receiving our boarding passes, we were told that passenger under "Chavarria" was actually put down under "Ramirez" even though we provided the correct names to your agency, and received the confirmation email with the correct names.

However, due to the companies error we spend valuable time trying to resolve this issue that shouldn't have been ours to deal with since our confirmation email had his correct name. But once there the lady providing our boarding passes told us the email she was looking at from your agency had a different name then the one we provided. Loosing this time caused us to miss our first flight and to pay a fine of $200.00 in order to receive his boarding pass with his correct surname. During that time of waiting and missing our flight we called the agency and spoke with a supervisor.

He apologized for the inconvenience and assured us that the $200.00 would be returned to us since he shouldn't have paid it in the first place as this was a company error. We have the confirmation email that was sent to us with all six passengers correct surnames, unfortunately the email that the flight representative opened from the same booking agency was the one that showed the one passengers surname being incorrect. This is what then started the long inconvenience we went through. You can review the booking request: ZF5U5F where you will see passenger #6's surname is actually "Chavarria" not "Ramirez" which is what the flight representative had in the email she showed us from your agency.

We have the receipt of the $200.00 that was unfortunately paid in order to board which we have attached as proof and we expect that responsibility will be taken to ensure this amount is reimbursed to this passenger for his losses.Thank you and hope to hear back about this matter at your earliest convenience.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #935106

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Traveler Helpdesk? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
4 of 7 Traveler Helpdesk reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 12 #1226108 Loveland, Colorado, United States

Did you have to wait a long time for your e-ticket or tickets? Did you have to wait up to 24 hours? I am worried because every review I read they mentioned that they never got their ticket and it seems like you did but it was incorrect. Thanks,

0 0 Reply

Nov 05 #1236841 Brea, California, United States

I bought mine and was told my flight had cancelled on me. So, I asked for a full refund which they said would take up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 months. Everytime I call, they give me the run around. I gave up and just disputed all the charges from them through my credit card company. Good luck to you. And to answer your question, I never got the e-ticket after the purchase. I cancelled a month later once they emailed me in regards to my called flight.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.