Traveler Helpdesk - Surname error from booking agency
A vacation was booked through your agency for six people, where each name was provided using each ones passport surnames, five under "Ramirez" and one under "Chavarria".Our confirmation email stated these correct surnames, however once at the airport while receiving our boarding passes, we were told that passenger under "Chavarria" was actually put down under "Ramirez" even though we provided the correct names to your agency, and received the confirmation email with the correct names.
However, due to the companies error we spend valuable time trying to resolve this issue that shouldn't have been ours to deal with since our confirmation email had his correct name. But once there the lady providing our boarding passes told us the email she was looking at from your agency had a different name then the one we provided. Loosing this time caused us to miss our first flight and to pay a fine of $200.00 in order to receive his boarding pass with his correct surname. During that time of waiting and missing our flight we called the agency and spoke with a supervisor.
He apologized for the inconvenience and assured us that the $200.00 would be returned to us since he shouldn't have paid it in the first place as this was a company error. We have the confirmation email that was sent to us with all six passengers correct surnames, unfortunately the email that the flight representative opened from the same booking agency was the one that showed the one passengers surname being incorrect. This is what then started the long inconvenience we went through. You can review the booking request: ZF5U5F where you will see passenger #6's surname is actually "Chavarria" not "Ramirez" which is what the flight representative had in the email she showed us from your agency.
We have the receipt of the $200.00 that was unfortunately paid in order to board which we have attached as proof and we expect that responsibility will be taken to ensure this amount is reimbursed to this passenger for his losses.Thank you and hope to hear back about this matter at your earliest convenience.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71JMmpiymA Sundance Vacations is practically a group of *** artists! I was led to believe that I would be saving on so much money on rooms for..."
- "The Omni Cancun Resort is an amazing location for a family vacation. The employees were super friendly especially Aldo from the taco bar, Santiago from the hotel restaurant and Adrianna..."
- "We went to Dreams on one of those "preview/sales" promotions with BookVIP. We got a SMOKIN deal and decided to go and try it out. We were gonna do the..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "My wife has been a loyal customer of TA appliances Kitchener store and has purchased 22 appliances over the course of many years and 3 homes. Our present home,..."
- "Waited over a month because I wanted a QUALITY job done. SOmeone who takes care of your property and does a good job. Not a drive by price..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."