Traveler Helpdesk - Surname error from booking agency
A vacation was booked through your agency for six people, where each name was provided using each ones passport surnames, five under "Ramirez" and one under "Chavarria".Our confirmation email stated these correct surnames, however once at the airport while receiving our boarding passes, we were told that passenger under "Chavarria" was actually put down under "Ramirez" even though we provided the correct names to your agency, and received the confirmation email with the correct names.
However, due to the companies error we spend valuable time trying to resolve this issue that shouldn't have been ours to deal with since our confirmation email had his correct name. But once there the lady providing our boarding passes told us the email she was looking at from your agency had a different name then the one we provided. Loosing this time caused us to miss our first flight and to pay a fine of $200.00 in order to receive his boarding pass with his correct surname. During that time of waiting and missing our flight we called the agency and spoke with a supervisor.
He apologized for the inconvenience and assured us that the $200.00 would be returned to us since he shouldn't have paid it in the first place as this was a company error. We have the confirmation email that was sent to us with all six passengers correct surnames, unfortunately the email that the flight representative opened from the same booking agency was the one that showed the one passengers surname being incorrect. This is what then started the long inconvenience we went through. You can review the booking request: ZF5U5F where you will see passenger #6's surname is actually "Chavarria" not "Ramirez" which is what the flight representative had in the email she showed us from your agency.
We have the receipt of the $200.00 that was unfortunately paid in order to board which we have attached as proof and we expect that responsibility will be taken to ensure this amount is reimbursed to this passenger for his losses.Thank you and hope to hear back about this matter at your earliest convenience.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is a clip from ABC 27 in Harrisburg, PA where they do an investigative piece on Sundance Vacations. (it's in the second half of the clip). Sundance has sales..."
- "I travel a lot and really fell in love with this resort because the staff was truly outstanding! I wish that I could recall the names of everyone who made..."
- "Our video of the Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen Mexico..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "My wife has been a loyal customer of TA appliances Kitchener store and has purchased 22 appliances over the course of many years and 3 homes. Our present home,..."
- "Waited over a month because I wanted a QUALITY job done. SOmeone who takes care of your property and does a good job. Not a drive by price..."