A vacation was booked through your agency for six people, where each name was provided using each ones passport surnames, five under "Ramirez" and one under "Chavarria".Our confirmation email stated these correct surnames, however once at the airport while receiving our boarding passes, we were told that passenger under "Chavarria" was actually put down under "Ramirez" even though we provided the correct names to your agency, and received the confirmation email with the correct names.
However, due to the companies error we spend valuable time trying to resolve this issue that shouldn't have been ours to deal with since our confirmation email had his correct name. But once there the lady providing our boarding passes told us the email she was looking at from your agency had a different name then the one we provided. Loosing this time caused us to miss our first flight and to pay a fine of $200.00 in order to receive his boarding pass with his correct surname. During that time of waiting and missing our flight we called the agency and spoke with a supervisor.
He apologized for the inconvenience and assured us that the $200.00 would be returned to us since he shouldn't have paid it in the first place as this was a company error. We have the confirmation email that was sent to us with all six passengers correct surnames, unfortunately the email that the flight representative opened from the same booking agency was the one that showed the one passengers surname being incorrect. This is what then started the long inconvenience we went through. You can review the booking request: ZF5U5F where you will see passenger #6's surname is actually "Chavarria" not "Ramirez" which is what the flight representative had in the email she showed us from your agency.
We have the receipt of the $200.00 that was unfortunately paid in order to board which we have attached as proof and we expect that responsibility will be taken to ensure this amount is reimbursed to this passenger for his losses.Thank you and hope to hear back about this matter at your earliest convenience.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- flight booking error
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased in March 2014 and we have reservations in Cabo for March 2015. We were just in the Cabo area and viewed the Mayan. It was destroyed in the..."
- "I am a stay at home Mom with no income (still mind-boggling that they were able to get approval for me without any income). I got involved with this..."
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "Waited over a month because I wanted a QUALITY job done. SOmeone who takes care of your property and does a good job. Not a drive by price..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."
- "Your WFG recruiter makes a big deal about how his MLM sells "hundred of products from dozens of companies." In truth WFG structures its promotion and compensation plan to push..."
- "If you click the link you will see how we got ripped off at Giunta's Meat Farm in Bohemia NY When we opened the roast beef package we saw what you..."