My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the upper GI tract and had to cancel her travel plans. Travelerhelpdesk.com refused to refund her tickets, blaming the airline policies of LATAM and WestJet, and instead offering her a credit for future travel, expiring in 12 months time.

My mum sent them a letter from her doctor, explaining that her condition was terminal, that she would have ongoing chemotherapy and not be capable of traveling in the following 12 months. She requested the credit be converted to cash, but they again refused. I called the airlines involved and they both told me that they could not bypass travelerhelpdesk.com and give me a refund directly. I called travelerhelpdesk.com myself to complain and they regurgitated the same answers, blaming the airline policies and saying that they had no power to refund the tickets.

After some google searching, I realized that they do business under multiple names: * LBF Travel Inc * Travelation * Low Cost Airlines * Traveler HelpDesk * HotelWiz * CheapFlightNow None of their websites are secure (HTTPS). They have no interest in upholding their name or their reputation. All of their phone numbers are routed to India. I would never have done business with this company based on those Google results, but my mother is 70 years old and not so tech savy.

I hope that my message will prevent other people from being duped. Jeff Johnson

Review about: Traveler Helpdesk Flight Booking.

I didn't like: Lack of refund for medical reasons.

Comments